top of page

One off/Function Hire

Learn about function hire at Stanton Village Hall

Stanton Village Hall offers venue hire and is suitable for a range of one-off events and functions such as Workshops, Training, AGMs, Wakes, Christenings, Children's Birthday Parties, Fun Days, Exhibitions and Meetings. It is conveniently situated near to towns and villages, including Burton-upon-Trent, Newhall, Midway, Swadlincote, Hartshorne, Church Gresley, Moira, Rosliston, Linton, Bretby, Barton, Branston, Drakelow, Blackfordby and Ashby De La Zouch.

A village hall birthday party allows you to plan the party you want, starting with a blank canvas.


Some families book our longer-hire options and do a morning 'friends/kids' party and then an afternoon celebration with family only, which a village hall is ideal for! There are lots of entertainment companies who can help you prepare the perfect party. For instance, Abi's Entertainments can provide bouncy castle hire, inflatables hire, popcorn machines, candy-floss and slush machines.

Hire info

Payment and Deposit

  • See our packages for the price of hire. 

  • We are able to issue invoices and payment terms to larger organisations.

  • A damages deposit will be taken from you at the time of booking and is outlined on our bookings pages (£50 usually but £100 for weekend and evening hire).

  • Our terms and conditions outline circumstances where this may be withheld (for instance, if damage is caused). 

If you're using Abi's Entertainments for bouncy castles etc we will discount your hire by £5 (use code USINGABIS when paying for your booking*) as they take care of locking up etc saving our hardworking volunteers and helpers from giving up their weekend. *This code must not be used if you are not using Abi's as we'll assume they're opening up for you when it is activated against your booking. 
Stanton Village Hall. Room Hire near Burton upon Trent
Order online

How to Book

We've made booking extra easy. 

1. Head to our booking system and choose the number of hours/duration that works for you. 
2. You'll be able to find a date and start time on our calendar. 
3. Complete the online booking form and pay the full balance. 
4. We'll send you a formal confirmation email. 

That's it!

Accessing and Using the Hall

  • Function/one-off hirers will be let into the Hall at the start of their booking time by Hall staff/volunteers.

  • The Hall will be locked at the end of your booking time by helpers/volunteers, or you'll be left with a key. 

  • We'll check the hall at the end and refund your deposit via the method paid. 

  • Weekend-long hirers will be given a key set for their hire period. 

  • Please arrive on time and be ready to leave the Hall at the end of your booked time (having returned it to a clean and tidy state).

  • We kindly ask that you leave the Hall in the clean and tidy condition that you found it.

  • One standard sized black rubbish bag can be placed in our external black bin, any rubbish beyond that must be taken away with you (bags beyond this will be charged from your deposit at £5 per bag). Glass may be sorted and placed in the main green recycling bin but we do not take any cardboard recycling because of the sheer volume hirers have left in the past. Bretby Civic Amenity site is close by in Newhall and usually closes at 6pm, convenient if you have more rubbish. 

  • Please allow time in your booking period for cleaning up. 


What's Included with Hire

Hire includes use of and access to the main hall, kitchen, car-park and garden. This includes use of around 80 chairs and tables. The stage is available on the booking form for an additional fee, but is included on evening and weekend-long bookings.  


Our kitchen has two kettles, a Tassimo machine, a microwave and fridge and teacups/saucers. You will need to bring your own refreshments (tea, coffee, milk, juice etc), tassimo pods, plates, cutlery and cooking equipment.

NOTE We do not have a bar or bar service available, or a premises license. Should you wish alcohol to be sold at your event you will need to use an external bar service with a license to sell alcohol - you will also need to obtain a Temporary Events Notice (see more here). We may require proof of their personal license.

bottom of page